15 October 2012

Pop Tarts - homemade!

Tried to bake a few pop-tarts at home. They didn't turn out too bad, if I may say so myself..:)
The jam that oozed out was all chewy and crunchy....yum!!!
I used my Basic Shortcrust Pastry recipe for the base, rolled it out to a big rectangle and from that cut out smaller pieces that measured 4" x 4" square, smeared a spoonful of Strawberry preserve / Jam on one half of it (keeping the edges clean so the edges could be sealed together) and folded them into small parcels. I pressed the edges with a fork to seal them and to get a fluted edge - baked them in a hot oven at 300 degree F for about 15 minutes. Done!!
Try them  :)

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing, Rupi! Am already thinking of how I can use my spelt shortcrust recipe with sugar free jam inside (yeah I generally bake low carb and sugar free now)!

    By the way, just so you know I joined up as a 'follower' on your blog and added your blog to my reading list :)

    Medha from Rav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Medha!!
    Let me know how they turned out!

    I saw you here and tried sending a message to you to say 'thanks for following' but couldn't get through!! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...