10 September 2012

Citron #2 - My Rustic Citron

My knitted shawl mania continues.....

Why do I go on knitting them? Because I love to, because I hate sewing up seams in knitted garments, because once I cast off the stitches the project is complete and no fitting required, because my shawls are now in demand by friends and family!!!!!

This is my second Citron...Rustic Citron...... (my first one is here...Kelly Green Citron) I am in love with the simplicity of this pattern. A great project when you need something on the needles that needs no concentration and can be knit as you read/ watch TV/ chat with friends. 
Yarn:     Wendy (India) Brilon xl,
Needles: 4.5 mm to get a loose weave,
Weight: 220 gms
A closer look....
Since I made this a bigger size,I did six repeats instead of five as given in the pattern.
For the last ruffle I did not double the number of stitches instead I only did the ‘kfb’ (knit into front and back) after every one stitch and sometimes after two. This was to keep the number of stitches in control - for me. In spite of that the last ruffle was the most tedious with 514 stitches on the needles.

The yarn: Wendy (India) Brilon xl
Love this pattern!!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...