18 September 2012

Purple Rain - a test-knit scarf!

Tested a beautiful pattern for this amazing designer, Melanie, who goes by the Ravelry name Mairlynd

Calling it Purple Rain - I fell in love with this gorgeous colour instantly!!!!
 A very pretty, easy-to-knit and easy-to-remember pattern that gives a soft, springy feel to the finished product. It actually feels like the waves of the sea like it's name.

I blocked it very lightly to retain the squishy springiness of the scarf. 
I enjoyed making this scarf and I love the colour of the yarn. I was a little apprehensive that the pattern wouldn’t show up too well as the yarn is more twisted than than the regular Vardhman I use but I love how the scarf turned out. It gives a nice squishy look that's warm and cuddly - love it!!!! 
Yarn:     Vardhman,
Needles: 4.5 mm,
Weight:      150 gms,
How much: 450 yards approx
 As usual blogger turned my pictures a full 90 degrees.

This picture below is actually the reverse side.
Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...