09 August 2011

My Ravelry friends !!!!!!

Saying goodbye is always difficult and more so if it means leaving a great bunch of friends behind.  
Since I was leaving Bangalore to move to Delhi, my dear friends from my Ravelry group organized a meet -up. Before I tell you more I need to say this ....My time spent with the Bangalore Brigade since the last three years has been invaluable and I have learnt so much here. Each one holds a special place in my heart and will be missed immensely. Thanks, so much, for everything you guys did for me.

The day gave me a whole new set of memories that will make me smile whenever I go back in time. Thanks so much. And what a day it turned out to be - I was showered with gifts from everyone!! I just wanted to meet them and say goodbye but I was so touched by all their efforts. It was absolutely overwhelming.

Would you believe these Bangalore gals???!!!Aren't I a lucky girl????!!!!!

I, now,  present them all before you in no order of  preference....each gift will be cherished and will always be close to my heart....
If you will notice a theme in them it will be the colour blue as that happens to be my favourite colour....and they remembered!!!!!
(ps: please kick me quick if I muddled up the stuff)

My super-talented friend Sanhita crocheted this gorgeous shawl. These pictures do absolutely no justice to it so if you are on Ravelry check it out here...Mi querida amiga..  
My daughter wearing it .....
A close-up shot....
Pavitra got me this lovely runner tied with a cute crocheted ribbon. It was unanimously decided that it was not to be a runner and was to be turned into a lamp shade.
Vims crocheted this gorgeous delicate doily and her talented young daughter Varsha painted this bottle for me...
This gorgeous silk scarf was Anuradha's creation and her first lace project which is mine now!1 I am so touched...
and...
This versatile zippered pouch that Suma sewed has been in use since the first day it became mine - it is so handy....
It was lined with the cutest strawberry print fabric on the inside....love it!!!
A crocheted little pouch that Meens did for me. It has the cutest flower patch work on the back. It holds my stitch markers and tapes these days..:)
Here's the other view.....cute isn't it!!
What you saw with the pouch was the runner that Amrita crocheted. It is the softest possible yarn and I love the colours...:). Here's another look....
The awesome necklace Tanu created !!!! It was duly worn and modelled then and there.. by me, of course...he he...
Lovely! Lovely!!! Cute little pin cushion and embellishments another crochet expert Kavi made. The flowers were immediately claimed by my daughter for her bags......
Beautiful hand-embroidered hand-towels were done by Jayashree...notice the blue accents. My immediate reaction was " I promise never to use them...:)" they are so lovely!!..
....and last but the not the least these gorgeous, gorgeous coasters that Saritha created. ....I appreciate that so much, Sari, I wish I had had a chance to meet you. (She left them for me with Sanhita)
Have I said how much I love them all???!!! 
I am missing you guys tons....:P
Whenever anyone is in Delhi do get in touch and we'll definitely meet up. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you from this end of the country!! 
Ciao.......

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling real bad that I missed this meet! :-( we'll miss you a lot,Rupi! sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a special lady and I am going to miss you loads :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a detailed loving write-up... I feel special being featured here... just goes to show how popular and loved you are by all your Bangalore friends... I will definitely give you a shout-out the next time I am in Delhi :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...