18 August 2011

Leg-o'-jean zippered pouches

I made these pouches as a bye-bye gift my daughter wanted to give her friends at school. Made six of them for six girls.
These are good to carry their pencils, pens, etc for their school bags and measure 9" long, 4" high and have a base of 2".  They also have a small tab on one side to make it easier to hold on to while opening the zipper.
I didn't use a pattern as such, because I used pencils and pens as a guide for the length of the bags.
I used this tutorial at Craftster for the zipper attachment....
Added random rows of criss-crossing zig zag lines to cheer up the 'blues'.....
Recycled these from the cut-off bits from my kids' old jeans that were turned into shorts.....

The smaller pouch that you see with the red patterned lining is a coin purse I made for my sister on the same pattern but just made it square-ish. It measures about 5" x 5".

Made a few of them with a red gingham lining inside....
.....and few with pink gingham inside....
Detail of the contrasting zig zag used to brighten up the colours......
added a tab on one side.....









3 comments:

  1. lovely! don't you just love recycling denims?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with such great ideas for recycling!!!Love these!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...