06 July 2011

Gone in 60 Seconds!!!!

The cake I baked for my son's farewell dinner when he was leaving for college......
How to: 
I used this simple one-step recipe ......find it here..... for this cake.
For the icing I whipped up 200gms (about 1 cup) cream till it formed soft peaks, then added 3-4 tbsp of icing sugar. I used tinned cherries in sugar syrup. Had to de-seed the cherries before using.
I mixed 3 tsp of rum in the syrup and drizzled it over the cakes before icing to moisten them and add to the flavours. Then sandwiched the two layers with one-thirds of the cream and cherries. Used the rest to slather on top and finished with cherry halves. I then let it chill for an hour or so to set the cream.
The flavours develop better if you can keep the cake for a few hours.
That's it!!!
ps: adding the rum is optional....:)

The demolition begins.....
the pacman slice....
going.....
 going...
 almost gone!
 60 seconds - literally!!!!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...