26 April 2011

Slouchy Hobo Bag

I knit this as a KnitAlong (KAL) with a Ravelry group.
 It is a much modified Lambe pattern by Berocco....
 I modified it a little by making the sides straight and not slanting like the original pattern and will probably knit a strap instead of the bamboo ones.
So, I cast on the stitches from pattern line “Inc Row 3 (RS) i.e. 63 stitches.and knit straight with no increases or decreases along the way.
I knit the base entirely in garter, instead of keeping the central stitches in pattern. I also knit an i-cord for the handle (with 9 stitches) and for the closure (with 5 stitches) and added a wooden button…from Galaxy stores, Pune.
Added an ikat cotton fabric lining.
Turned out to be the perfect slouchy hobo.
That's my 'Citron shawl' peeping out.....
 A closer look at the garter stitch base and gusset.....
 I, ultimately, did not use the garter strap and knit an i-cord for both the strap and the closure loop.....
Here's a link to my Ravelry project page...

3 comments:

  1. I've always wondered whether knitted handles would withstand the wear and tear that regular usage entails... How's this bag holding up ??
    Looks pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! It is very stretchy. I think I'll probably open it up and pass a cotton cord through the tube which should give it a fixed size.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...