25 January 2011

Quilted Fabric Basket

I made this quilted project basket which is also reversible for my smaller projects like a shawl or a scarf. It measures 6" x 6" at the base and 6" in height. I added a layer of foam instead of batting to give it more body so it wouldn't flop down.
I sewed this just as I would a reversible tote. When  making the corners I made them much larger so the base became a square. That's it. Oh! And I omitted the strap...as is obvious.

You can find various tutorials for reversible totes here, here and here....


2 comments:

  1. Pretty !! And I like that it has stiffer sides so the bag doesn't flop about. But most of all, I looooove the red yarn in the bag :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! An Ishbel-in-progress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...