21 December 2010

The Clutch That Turned on its Head

(Before I write anything else, let me apologize for the upside-down, rather, my turned-on-its-head picture. Everything is fine while writing this, but as soon as I post it, it just turns!!!!! Still trying to figure it out, please bear with me...:))
My first serious project sewing with satin....
I used this free pattern from Kwik Sew......Clutch Purse.
 'My satin clutch purse'....lined with printed cotton, closes with a magnetic snap and features a satin flower as an embellishment. I added a small pocket inside that was not part of the pattern.
I was a little wary of using satin, it being a slippery fabric. But it turned out to be pretty easy to sew with, maybe because I lined it with cotton fabric.
The pattern is easy to follow with good instructions. I made the large size - pattern is for two sizes. I omitted the piping part of the design but added a small pocket inside. As an embellishment I made a satin flower that I sewed on to the flap. As I afterthought I realized I could have added a strap to make it into a wristlet. My whip-stitch that I used to sew up the opening that was for turning the purse left a lot to be desired...sadly.

Lot of people who used this pattern really loved it, but I doubt if I'll use it again. I just found it a little bit fiddly to sew .....maybe it's just me..........and I find there are lots of patterns available that might be easier to make.
But I would definitely recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...